Course work for Secondary Mathematics Education candidates falls into six categories: general education, introductory courses, core courses, methods courses, content area courses, and student teaching.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate mastery of content, technological advances, and pedagogical expertise in the content and grade levels in which they teach
- Establish a safe, inclusive, and respectful learning environment for a diverse population of students
- Plan and deliver effective instruction, supported by appropriate technological applications, and create an environment that facilitates learning for all students
- Demonstrate high standards for professional conduct
- Partner, collaborate, and engage with families and/or communities to develop relationships and build networks of support for student success
- Actively advocate for students, families, and schools to support equity and social justice
- Apply research to improve practice and student learning
|TEP 207||Foundations of American Education||3|
|TEP 223||Adolescent Development for Teachers||3|
|TEP 224||Exceptional Child for Teachers||3|
|TEP 227||Educational Psychology for Teachers||3|
|TEP 305||Technology For Teaching||3|
|TEP 315||Advanced Classroom Management||3|
|TEP 318||Curriculum, Planning, and Assessment||3|
|TEP 415||Teaching in Secondary Schools||3|
|TEP 419||Content Area Literacy Methods||3|
|TEP 436||Mathematics Methods for Middle and Secondary Grades||3|
Secondary candidates who have completed all general education requirements; all introductory, core, and methods courses; and all course work for content area, and all other requirements will be eligible to complete student teaching.
Candidates are required to apply for student teaching. Applications are to be completed within the prescribed time frame. Candidates must complete a state and federal background check as directed by the host district prior to the start of student teaching.
|TEP 449||Middle Grade and High School Student Teaching Seminar||3|
|TEP 451||ECCE: Student Teaching - Middle Grade and High School||9|