Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management
This certificate is available on campus.
The purpose of the Graduate Certificate is to provide healthcare professionals or graduate students aspiring to pursue careers in healthcare organizations with an array of business knowledge in Marketing, Organizational Behavior, Leadership, and Operations Management in the context of healthcare organizations. Besides these core competencies, students of this certificate will understand the healthcare environment, its regulatory framework and relevant public health issues.
Upon successful completion of this certificate program, students will be able to:
1. Understand the history, evolution and the basic concepts central to the healthcare industry and healthcare environment;
2. Design and manage healthcare operations and processes;
3. Apply motivational methods and techniques required to successfully manage healthcare teams; and
4. Apply marketing methods and techniques to understand consumers of healthcare services in order to create and deliver customer value.
Entrance and Course Requirements
Students who have already been admitted into a UIS graduate degree program will automatically be admitted to the certificate program upon receipt of the degree-seeking application and fee (with the certificate designated), or a Change of Curriculum Form.
Applicants not currently admitted into a UIS graduate degree program must provide the following:
1. A graduate non-degree seeking application (with the certificate designated);
2. Official undergraduate transcript(s) with degree documentation.
3. A 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA or better, or substantial experience and responsibility in a field related to the area of study, as documented by a current resume.
Candidates for the certificate will be expected to complete course requirements with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
|BUS 537||Survey of U.S. Healthcare System||3|
|BUS 538||Managing Healthcare Operations||3|
|BUS 539||Leadership and Consumer Insights||3|
|Choose one of the following:||4|
|Public Health Policy and Administration|
|Total Required Hours||13|